Everyone’s talking about Superfoods, and why you should be eating them. What are superfoods? Why are they so important to your health? What’s the best way to include them into your diet?
A superfood is a food that incorporates a plethora of different vitamins and minerals. They are extremely nutrient dense. Nutrient dense in superfoods refers to the amount of nutrients per calorie. Low calories and high nutrients are what superfoods are all about. They help balance your diet. With the typically American diet, it is very difficult to get the right amount of vitamins, minerals, and nutrition necessary for healthy living. Superfoods help you achieve the right balance in nutrition because of the increased amounts of vitamins and minerals you get.
Some of the nutrition from superfoods includes almost everything under the sun in terms of vitamins and minerals: A, B, K, D, E, calcium, iron, magnesium, omega fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, the list goes on.
Now that we know what superfoods are, what are 5 of the most beneficial ones and why?
- Wheat grass
Acai berries are potent against free radicals, providing you with large amounts of antioxidants. They help support the immune system and act as an anti-inflammatory. Acai berries help increase energy and stamina, and help promote healthy glowing skin and hair. Acai berries also help rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit.
Pitaya help provide Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, magnesium, and other minerals. Providing Omega 3’s helps maintain a healthier cholesterol level, and is a key supplement most diets are lacking today. The importance of including a good source of Omega 3 is paramount to optimal blood health.
Kale provides a plethora of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin C, B, A, K are all plentiful in kale. This superfood is very nutrient dense, and is definitely one of the most important superfoods you can eat. In addition to the wide variety of vitamins you get, kale also provides a large amount of minerals your body needs. Kale is quite possibly the ultimate superfood.
Blueberries are a great little treat, not only for your taste buds but also for your body. They are loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin C, and are a good source of fiber. They taste great, and help support your immune system at the same time.
Wheat grass is also a powerful superfood. The chlorophyll in wheat grass is loaded with nutrients. It only takes one ounce of wheat grass to equal the same nutrients of a 2.5 pound bunch of leafy vegetables. It is very nutrient dense. Wheat grass increases energy, and really helps skin health. Many people consider wheat grass a miracle elixir.
All of These Superfoods are at Juice It Up!
Juice It Up! has all 5 of these superfoods in a variety of raw juice and smoothie drinks. When you come into a Juice It Up!, you see each of these raw ingredients going directly into your drink. It’s all right out in the open for you to witness. Juice It Up! only uses the finest locally sourced fruits and vegetables in their raw juice drinks and smoothies. Some of the most popular superfoods raw juice drinks includes:
- Detoxifier – blend of 6 fruits and vegetables: spinach, red grapes, pineapple, cucumber, ginger, lemon
- Refresher – full of natural electrolytes to hydrate your body: pineapple, cucumber, celery, lemon
- Rejuvenator – antioxidants, vitamins, nutrient rich: apple, beet, carrot, cucumber, ginger
- Energizer – loaded with Vitamin B, energy from grapes, spinach, pineapple, cucumber, apples, and ginger
- Immunizer – classic green juice, mega dose of Vitamin C and K to cleanse, revitalize, nourish and build immune system: apple, kale, cucumber, spinach, celery, lemon
- Awakener – Vitamin C and beta carotene, fresh oranges and carrot, with ginger to ignite your senses
- Revitalizer – packed with Vitamin E, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents to protect from free radicals, boost heart health: red bell pepper, beet, carrot, apple, red grapes, ginger
Find a Juice It Up! near you and get started incorporating superfoods into your diet today. It’s super easy and delicious to add superfoods to everyday eating when you get a raw juice drink or smoothie from Juice It Up!